Thursday 6 August 2015

Brothers Can be Mean. Sidharth, Jacqueline Are Proof

Brothers 

Sidharth and Jacqueline photographed at an event for the promotion of Brothers.

"I have put my brother's toothbrush into the flush and then put it back. I was young; he had really beat me up," Sidharth Malhotra revealed

You don't have to be great but you do have to start to be great - that's the Brothers' team mantra at the moment as the film gears up for release. But while they may all be fighting fit, we had to wonder do they always fight fair? After all, those closest to us always know how to push our buttons.

Ek Villain star Sidharth Malhotra agreed. He said, "I think with siblings and cousins when you are growing up. I have done some very stupid things with them. I have put my brother's toothbrush into the flush and then put it back. I was young; he had really beat me up. I was really swollen and bleeding and this was when I was 9 or 10 and I told him a week later."

And if you think that's traumatic wait till you hear Jacqueline's story, though the bubbly actress laughed right through the telling of it!

"Growing up I always wanted to play with my brothers but they would never let me play with them and then I wanted to play with my sisters but she would never let me play with her. I remember that there was this one time when my brothers took me out. They made me be the goalkeeper and then they hit me in my face and then I was crying."

And while Jacqueline plays Akshay's love interest in the film, we have to say we've noticed that Sidharth seems to have developed a certain penchant for older women on screen - whether it's Kareena Kapoor (in the Brothers song) or soon to be co-star Katrina Kaif.

While Sidharth initially seemed upset that we referred to Kareena as an "older woman," he soon got over it. "Of course I am a big fan. Why will I not move when Kareena kapoor smiles? I was her slave," he said.

Akshay insisted that Sidharth keep a "Saif" distance from Kareena, a joke Jacqueline didn't exactly get right off, but apparently that's not unusual
In Brothers, Malhotra is the one who has the toughest challenge among the actors. Jackie Shroff as a former alcoholic is perfectly credible. It might be a bit of a stretch to imagine Kumar as a physics teacher (especially after seeing his version of a college professor in Gabbar is Back) but he's shown he can deliver a restrained acting performance when he wants to. Also, it will probably help that Kumar is 47 and perhaps felt the strain of performing his own stunts more than he used to as a young man.
Malhotra is the only one who has to pull out all the acting chops he has in him. There's nothing in his real life that actually helps him relate to Monty. From accent to experience, it's all unfamiliar to Malhotra.
Can Malhotra pull a Hardy — never mind how dubious that sounds — and make us forget the cute, romantic hero and instead lust after a brutish Monty? Wait till Friday to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment